Insulrecycle® - The Future of Recycling Polystyrene Packaging
THERMAL BARRIERS OF THE PAST
- Traditionally, a thermal barrier has been a material that can minimise heat or energy transfer, to protect temperature sensitive goods.
- These barriers have been made from popular materials such as EPS (expanded polystyrene), which have been cheap and simple to construct for polystyrene packaging.
- The energy required to manufacture and dispose of thermal barrier materials was never really considered.
THERMAL BARRIERS OF THE PRESENT
- In today’s thermal barrier market, the focus is on managing the mechanics of heat, looking more at reflection, conduction and convection risks to goods.
- With increasing costs of resources and energy, effort has been made to establish thermal barriers that are efficient to make and easy to handle.
- With an increased use of thermal barrier material for one-way transport globally, the cost of disposal at end-of-life and environmental impact of increasing landfill is now becoming of greater importance, signifying the importance of recycling polystyrene packaging.
THERMAL BARRIERS OF THE FUTURE
- The next generation of thermal barrier is expected to effectively manage the mechanics of heat, while being efficient to manufacture and handle.
- It will be expected that thermal barrier materials will be made from recycled content and be recyclable itself at end-of-life, reducing environmental impact by avoiding landfill as waste.
Learn About Using InsulRecycle® for Recycling Polystyrene Packaging
At Wilpak Group International, the future is now. We’re developing industry leading technology for recycling polystyrene packaging to make the world a better place. To find out more, send us an email or call on 0414 821 432 to speak with a specialist.
LIFECYCLE OF INSULRECYCLE® THERMAL BARRIER
|PRODUCT FEATURES||CUSTOMER BENEFITS|
|Constructed from Recycled content||Reduced demand for new materials|
|Fully Recyclable material||Reduced waste and environmental impact|
|Light weight thermal protection barrier||Easy and safe to handle|
|Tough thermal barrier material||Reliable and reusable|
INSULRECYCLE® MATERIAL PROPERTIES
|MATERIAL||REFLECTIVE BARRIER||AIR CYLINDER||BARRIER THICKNESS||THERMAL RATING|
|InsulRecycle 30||1 (foil external)||25+ mm||10 mm||High|
|InsulRecycle 10||1 (foil external)||10 mm||5 mm||Medium – High|
OUR SYSTEMS CERTIFICATIONS
Wilpak Group International is certified by Lloyd’s Register LRQA, as satisfying the requirements of standards:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
This provides our partners with peace of mind.